- REGULAR USER – all students, faculty and staff members of ISAT U Miagao Campus.
- ALUMNI – graduates of ISAT U Miagao Campus could still avail of library services but for room use only.
- NON-ISAT U USERS – those visitors who intend to use the SIPC library with letter of permission from their respective institution.
b. Library Cards
Each student is issued with library card. The Library Card is valid for the next year/s that a student studies ISAT U Miagao Campus.
Importance of Library Cards
- The Library card is required for entrance to the Library. “No Library Card, No Entry”.
- The Library card will enable the user to read, research, study and do related work inside the library. He/She will be given privilege to use the library resources in the library for free. The library card is required to complete all library transactions.
- The library card is non-transferable. Students found lending their library cards may be deprived to their privileges for a period specified by the librarian.
- The library card must be presented when claiming for clearance at the end of each term. It will also be validated at the library upon enrollment.
Lost Library Card
- The library personnel should immediately be notified for the lost library card so that its use can be terminated.
- Student should secure affidavit of loss for the replacement of the lost library card.
c. Borrowing Rights and Responsibilities
- A library card must be presented upon entry at ISAT U Miagao Campus Library, “No Library Card, No Entry”.
- Each student is entitled to borrow of three books for overnight use provided it is in different title/subject and from different sections in the library.
- Loaned books for overnight use should be returned the following day before 9:00 a.m.
- Renewal of borrowed collection is permitted if the book is not in demand and limited in copies. Renewal must be made only once.
- Research papers, thesis, dissertations and general reference books as well as newspapers, journals, magazines and vertical files are for library use only and cannot be loaned out.
- A borrower can reserve books for his/her use as long as the book is not in demand and limited. Reserved books may be taken out during the scheduled time. Books currently on loaned may not be reserved.
- The borrower is required to borrow books personally for proper identification.
All materials borrowed should be returned on due date and time. Failure to return borrowed collection on due a borrower will be charged Php 1.00 per hour until the time the book is returned.
- Photocopying of articles from books or magazines is allowed with the permission of library personnel.
- A photocopying machine is available inside the library and that the books or magazines cannot be taken out from the library.
- In cases where photocopy machine is not available inside the library the user is allowed to take out the book for 30 minutes for photocopying purposes only.
- Photocopying of Research Papers, Thesis and Dissertations is strictly prohibited.
f. Lost Books
- Lost book borrowed must be reported immediately to the librarian.
- It must be replaced with the same title or must be paid according to the value of the book determined by the library. Payment of lost book must be at the cashier’s office. In cases where there is no available book of the same title it can be replaced with other editions or titles related to the lost one.
g. Courtesy in the Library
- Silence must always be observed inside the library. Silent reading is advisable. Loud conversations are strictly prohibited.
- Smoking, eating, drinking, loitering and vandalizing are strictly prohibited.
- Bags, folders, envelopes and personal books not needed for study is not allowed inside the library. Secure valuable and personal properties. Wallet, cellular phones and the like are to be brought inside the library. The librarian or library staff will not be held responsible for any loses that may occur.
- All materials borrowed must be arranged and returned on its proper places.
- Cellular phones must be put off or set in silent mode at all times.
- Making of projects, laboratory works and non-research related activity are also prohibited.
- Students are required to wear their school uniform with ID upon entering the library.
- Cleanliness in the library must be maintained.
- Related activities must be done with permission from the librarian or any library personnel.
- Honesty must be observed by all library customers.
h. Library Hours
7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Saturday
i. Research in Other Libraries
- The library will issue a research permit for students who intend to research in other libraries.
- Students must inform the library personnel a day before the research and present a validated library card upon requesting for permit.
- One permit is good for five students
- Research should be made during weekdays only or depending upon the schedule of the library a student wishes to visit.
- Research permit is valid on the date stated only.
- The student is required to observe/ follow rules, regulations and policies implemented by the library therein.
j. Use of Electronic Resources
- Internet users are required to sign in the log book provided before using the computer.
- Ask assistance from authorized personnel in using the computer and if problem arises.
- The use of computer is for first come first serve basis only. Reservation is not allowed.
- Only one person is allowed at a time.
- Computer is solely for research use. Games, opening, adding and deleting of other files/program and other non-research related activities are strictly prohibited.
- USB disks are not allowed for security reasons.
Php 10.00 / hour or a fraction of an hour
Php 3.00/page (long or short)
Php 6.00/page images/colored(long/short) images more than half of the regular size bond paper or full page must pay in double (Php.12.00)
Listening and Viewing Room
- Instructor/Professor who would like to use the Listening and Viewing Room (LVR) should:
1. 1 secure and fill up request form for approval;
1.2 present the approved request form to the library personnel for reservation at least a day before the activity.
- Instructor/Professor using the Listening and Viewing Room (LVR) should:
2. 1be with their students to provide guidance and instruction;
2.2 disallow their students to bring food and drinks inside the LVR;
2.3 instruct their students to clean the LVR and arrange the chairs and equipment before leaving.
- Students are not allowed to charge their cell phones or laptops except when there is an urgent need (especially for reports but on a limited time -30 minutes). Students may seek permission from the librarian for recording and monitoring.
- Students or faculty members using the online databases are not allowed to insert any device in the computers. (These online databases are: Phil e-Lib, DOST STARBOOKS, Open Access, online journals and e-books and videos stored in selected computers.)
Reminders to Library Clienteles:
Library users are reminded that all books, periodicals and other library materials are the property of the Iloilo Science and Technology University Library and may not be removed from the library without proper authorization. No library items should be clipped, marked or otherwise mutilated. Commission of any act constitutes an offense and carries with it corresponding sanctions.